I correctly picked 11 of 12 winners a week ago, including BOTH Upset Specials (Wayne over Delta; Mississinewa over New Haven). Ironically, the Generals and Indians square off tonight with some hardware on the line. Will Wayne hoist a sectional trophy for the first time since 1996? Can Carroll avenge last year’s 42-35 loss to the Tigers? What will the first-ever postseason installment of Snider-BD bring us tonight? Any chance the Lions’ unblemished season gets toppled this evening in Middlebury? Does Norwell have a cakewalk in 3A or what? In 2A, finally, the game we’ve all been waiting for – Eastside at Bishop Luers. Do the Beastsiders have a shot? Lastly, will we get another AC-SA rematch next week at the regional level? All of these questions will be discussed on the GameNight Preview Show on summitcitysports.com, so be sure to check out the analysis from GN editor Casey O’Boyle and SCS proprietor Jeff Mahoney.
THE SWAMI SCALE
- CARROLL (9-1): The Chargers stay atop Mount Swami after last week’s 21-0 victory over Sparty.
- SNIDER (8-1): I’m keeping Snider in the 2-hole despite last Friday’s scare against rival Northrop.
- LEO (11-0): Leo stays in the third spot after dispatching of DeKalb early a week ago. On a mission.
- BISHOP LUERS (10-1): A dry week has venerable Luersfield in pretty good shape. Big one tonight.
- BISHOP DWENGER (6-4): Look for the Saints to open up the playbook this week; it’s a toughie.
- NORWELL (10-1): Some believe Norwell may be a year away; nobody told that to these Knights.
- HOMESTEAD (6-4): Seems strange that Sparty has turned in its equipment already, but it has.
- EASTSIDE (11-0): It feels like deja vu all over again as Beastside returns to BL with a title on the line.
- ADAMS CENTRAL (10-1): As I’ve said all year long, the Flying Jets are the best team in Class 1A.
- WAYNE (4-7): I’m bringing my beloved Generals back into the fold after last week’s upset over Delta.
CLASS 6A (SECTIONAL 3)
WARSAW (7-2) at CARROLL (9-1): My friends in the 4-5 devoured a stack of pizzas from B. Antonio’s this week. SWAMI SAYS: Carroll by 14
CLASS 5A (SECTIONAL 11)
SNIDER (8-1) at BISHOP DWENGER (6-4): If the Saints can run the ball, they’ll be primed for a 4th-quarter upset. SWAMI SAYS: Snider by 9
CLASS 4A (SECTIONAL 19)
LEO (11-0) at NORTHRIDGE (7-4): The Raiders always seem to get a friendly call or two at home; I still like Leo. SWAMI SAYS: Leo by 28
CLASS 4A (SECTIONAL 20)
WAYNE (4-7) at MISSISSINEWA (8-2): I had the stones to take Wayne in an upset last week. Why not again? SWAMI SAYS: Wayne by 1
CLASS 3A (SECTIONAL 27)
NORWELL (10-1) at PERU (8-2) It sure feels like the Knights’ tourney trek has been paved in gold. Vegas gold. SWAMI SAYS: Norwell by 24
CLASS 2A (SECTIONAL 35)
EASTSIDE (11-0) at BISHOP LUERS (10-1): If it was going to be wet, I might’ve taken the Blazers. Sir Hale shines. SWAMI SAYS: Luers by 12
CLASS 1A (SECTIONAL 43)
SOUTH ADAMS (9-2) at UNION CITY (6-4): Aidan Wanner back behind center means more than you’ll ever know. SWAMI SAYS: South Adams by 35
CLASS 1A (SECTIONAL 44)
TRITON (4-6) at ADAMS CENTRAL (10-1): Nothing is going to stop AC from yet another sectional championship. SWAMI SAYS: Adams Central by 45